The St. Francis Episcopal Church Annual Book Sale is currently seeking donations for this year's April 26–28, 2018 sale. All proceeds from the Book Sale go to local charities such as Greensboro Urban Ministry, Malachi House II, Mental Health Association in Greensboro, Peak Adventure Ministries, Reading Connections, Rise Against Hunger, Sanctuary House, and Wheels4Hope. Last year, we donated more than $55,000 to organizations in our area.
Donations are tax-deductible, and receipts are provided upon request. Items may be dropped off at the St. Francis Book Depository, located at 3506 Lawndale Drive, Greensboro, North Carolina. Please note, for any donations of more than 10 boxes, a scheduled drop-off is appreciated. Scheduled drop-offs may be arranged through the Book Garage Manager (contact information below). Scheduling in advance helps ensure we have the volunteers prepared and that donations are kept safe from the weather.
Please, no boxes larger than a paper box!
2018 Donation Wish List:
- Books, media, and electronics in good condition
- Current textbooks: lower, middle, upper school, and college
- Small consumer electronics: video games and systems, cell phones, tablets, e-readers, graphing calculators, cameras, etc.
- Books with publication dates of 2014–2018
- Vintage kids books
- Leather-bound books
- First-edition and signed books
- Professional reference: legal, medical, scientific, architectural, etc.
- Military books
- History books
- Literary classics
- Children’s books
- North Carolina–specific titles
- CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs
- Titles on the current bestseller lists
- Advertising donations
- Monetary donations
- Help with flyer distribution